Friday, December 18, 2015

The Big Decline & Now it's the Weekend

Today was a very red Friday which possibly indicated an early end to our Santa Rally. My expectations for volatility & gold that I had expected to see on Wednesday decided to happen today instead. All of the stocks that the QQQ follows took big hits today along with DIS on the official Star Wars release. Sure we often come to expect a Friday sell off but today was ridiculous. Luckily, the two investments I was actually in both fared well. My biotech ran green for parts of the day ending it .01 below where it started & my solar ran up 13% in the regular session plus another 2.5% in after hours. Weekends become really hard on those of us yearning for Monday's market to open so that we can make the next move but they give us a chance to breathe & potentially study, as well.

Now I must warn you that since we are in the busy season at my resort, I may not be fulfilling my daily blog for the next week or so. I apologize for the inconvenience there but teaching skiing & spending time with my family will be taking precedence. Hopefully, I can post at least a few times for everyone. For now, I wanted to at least warn everyone before I seemingly disappear. Anyhow, here were the insiders I spotted on Friday, December 18:

Form 3's: SVU, S, BIOL, MBA, CIT (2), WSTG, Q, VEEV, PERY, VRA, JCP, CLSN, MTCH, ALV, MASI, SCHL, HGR, OII, STRS (2), ARNA, EFOI & AMAT

13D's: NAV (2), SHLD, HAMP, MTZ, GMET, EZCH, KBIO (2), TSGLE, MSLP, RNDY (2), KELYA, PTSX, OPK (2), RLOG, OCC, PLM, BONA (3), EQY, AYR, RWC, CETV & MFRM

13G's: KMPH, CNLM, CADT, RFIL & KBIO

Form 4's (Insider Buys): PULB, ACNB (13), ISIG, CBK (2), PARR, MDB, BHB, CET (2), OKE (2), IMTKA, UPLD, BVSN, NWL, TACT, BIOL (2), JCS, CVO, FUNC (2), CPTA, SWX, SXC, OHAI (5), PRSS, PBSK, TWMC, HNRG (2), UVFT, ARQL, AMID, FMAO, GUT, ESES, ESP, NBBC (8), SSI, CSWC, SBSI (2), SYRG (4), TLN, HSNI, NFG, RWC, HRT, ICTV, LXRP, EVBS, USMD (4), CLC (5), MPB, DMLP (2), DNBF (11), MDVX, RELV, KBIO (4), NPBC, FRAF (2), IMCI, ATI, NANX, AZO (2), MXC, BZC, HAMP, ACAS, SUMR, OFLX, LENS, CRTN, CWCO (7), MUX, MIC, CETV, EXA, AINV (2), GABC (4), PSEC, HART (2), CNBKA, NYMX, SHLD, IILG (2), ASNA, POWI, GULTU, EFCT, NRP, BSGM, WDAY, CBIO (3), QSR, SMCG (2), CELP (2), WRES, ACI (2), ZGNX, NJMC, VNDA (3), RWA, CDTI & GABC (2)

Form 4's (Insider Acquirements for $0): SEV (2), ASTE, GTT (2), SYRG (4), LEE, LXRP (3), BKEP (2), T, CZNC, SBSI, CNS (7), NFG, HWCC, KEYS, LCUT, NEPH, FCS, CCE, NCIT, AMBA (5), CELG (5), Q, ITRI, VSAT (8), TE, ABT, IMMU, CROX, BRX, VNCE (2), ESCA, SCHL, YELP, MBII, HWCC, SBRA, FISV, SNI (2), WMT (4), MB (3), BLOX (2), AMAT, TACO (4) & PAHC (2)

Form 4's (Insider Sales): DTRM (2), NEE (2), PSTB, PGR (11), CNSL, DW, PLKI, NWL, NYNY, ANET, CHMG (5), TRMK, SCAI, WETF, HNRG (2), V, MTB, SKX, AMSWA (2), GUT, CRL (2), LMNX, RLOG, SYK, SYRG (2), DLTR, SIVB, KR, BCRX, SEM, ASNA, CSCD, KTEC, CLC (6), ED, AMRK, SOM, FCS, DMLP (2), SEDG, GWRE (3), MEET, NCIT, EEFT, EQY (3), APEI, SCRC (2), MSCC, FOE, DCT, FCB, PLAB, CELG (5), VR, CENT, UTHR, HRB, USNA, CARB, BOBE (5), JPEP (2), STRXA, VRA, PLAY (2), APOL, CLRB, NUAN, CTIC, VSAT (7), CWCO, TTWO, SAM, BKEP, SIX (3), DISCA, RWC, ABT, N, UPLD (2), NVAX (2), KFY, PYDS, DAVE, YHOO, VRTX, BEAV, ESCA, GAVC, YELP, PE, HART, HUBS, GMCR, SCLN, SHAK, RARE, HMHC (2), ASGN (2), ESS, MNK, TPC, CNXR, SNI (2), SHLD, OMCL, HIL, SWHC (2), SFNC, SBAC (2), CSU, GGP, SNCR, DXCM, NAC, FISV, WD, AVGO, AFFX, HEOP, HDD, AMBA (2), EMCI, CNSL, NUBA, TIVO, VRNS, CRM, WPC, CABO, MB (2), CNTY, MPWR, BLOX, OTIC (2), NVRO (2), PATK (2), FMBI, FGEN & PAHC (2)

Form 4's (Insider Disposals for $0): UDR, LEG, CCOI, SWX, CTIX, GTT (2), V, OCFC, FMN, LCUT, DMLP, ALOG, ZUMZ, STWD, UNFI, PN, TE, SFXE, ABT, IMMU, CROX, VSAT, BRX, FISV, SNI (2), GDP (2), WMT (4), CCI, FMBI, UIL (13) & JUNO

What a week! From the Santa rally, to the interest rate hike, to the solar tax cut, to the arrest of Martin Shkreli & the new Star Wars release, we had a wild ride this week. On top of all of this, I was expected to attend multiple Christmas parties & try to keep my brain & liver healthy. All that I can say is wow!

So let me quickly give some of my notes so that I can relax for the night. I noted that BIOL made multiple lists & may be one to watch based on the investor who was buying in today (Jack Schuler). I also have that SHLD crossed over many lists today, as well. Last time it did that, I got in & made a decent swing trade off it. I will need to do more homework before I jump in again but I do like its recent filings. Also, NAV stood out to me because Carl Icahn raised his stake in the company. Finally, the most obvious one that we saw cross over many lists was KBIO. I know that I failed to post yesterday because I had a lot going on but there were KBIO insider buys yesterday as well. I almost feel bad for these major investors & institutions who spent nearly $30/share not knowing that Martin Shkreli was going to be arrested which initiated the sell off yesterday. These KBIO forms were filled out prior to the arrest.

As for the Form 4 buys, please pay attention to the ones that are repeated quite often & the one's that have news coming. I only had notes that the CFO's I saw filing work for: AINV, CBIO, EXA, OHAI & BSGM. The largest buy today via Form 4 was for RWC for just over $5.5 million worth of shares purchased.

The largest monetary Form 4 daily sale that I saw pass through was for EQY disposing $373,710,000 worth of shares via three sellers. Then, the CFO's that I saw filing sales work for: AVGO, CSV, CNSL, BCRX, CLC, GWRE, VSAT, PLAY & AMBA. I don't typically report the option sales in this unless they sell all of them but I will mention that an insider actually exercised options & sold many shares of DIS today.

That is all that I have for now. Only time will tell if I do any blogging between now & New Year's. That being said be cautious & smart with the current market conditions. If you don't know what to do, sit the bench until the turbulence settles. I wish you all a Happy Holiday season.

GLTA


No comments:

Post a Comment