Monday, December 7, 2015

Insiders that I Tracked Today & a Small Rant

Good evening & sorry this is coming out so late but it may be like that more & more now that ski season is really here. Wow....just wow, I truly can't believe Vail Resorts (MTN) beat their earnings this morning! I would have bet against them had I known their earnings was today. Luckily, I didn't. Vail is taking over the world of skiing but I just didn't think they'd have enough gusto in the Summer & Fall to deliver though they do have Southern Hemisphere resorts. Anyhow, kudos to you Vail Resorts. You defied my belief.

I'm not sure what all of you are trading but considering the end of the year is approaching & the Fed is likely to raise interests rates on the 16th, I  personally have begun exiting some more positions. I'm glad I held off on Disney (DIS) again today. I will be in before the 24th but it's still not the right timing in my opinion. Next, I'm a little bummed that I missed a DUST day but oh well. I got to take my daughter skiing. I pretty much sold everything except these 2 pennies that have been running (both ASTI & NETE). I kind of plan on looking for exits on both tomorrow while I'm up, though. It'll be great to start doing some of the bigger plays again but I'm kind of going to lay low & go in & out of what I see with promising charts for the next little bit here. Anyhow, enough with my banter, here were the insider's I tracked today:

Form 3's: SXT (2), CZFS, KBIO, FGP, COG, SRDX, MORN, FGP, HBKA, KCG (2), MPC (2), VGGL, VRSN, RDUS, SCON, CSRA (8), RXDX & LTRX

13D's: SMQA, MPLX (4), MED, LNG, QST, RSTRF, RLMD, APP, ITEX, GMCR, CO, HMIN, CEA, PBY, HIL, SNTA, NROM, SMSA (2), ISIG, AC & ATRM

13G's: ANDAU, SPEX (-) & AKP (+)

Form 4's (Insider Buys): NES, HI (2), TRC, MNK (3), NGL (4), TIPT, LXP, FRAF (2), CRBP, FMD, FBNC, ENBL, CMOH, GAM, CWBC, WFBI (19), CPXX, MLP, OTIV, UNP, LION (8), MMS, CLBH, NSH, CECE, AVY, PULB, NRG (3), KRO, SBCP (2), NUTR (2), KHI, FF, HLX, ANF (2), ORM, BOCH, CZBS (6), DDD, NBL, HCAP, CERU, EPD (4), WHLR (4), DM, PTN, IMI (2), MSCO, XON, CNBKA, MSBF, TSI, VGGL, GGP, SYRX, PNNT, MYGN, FGP, LOB (2), SUPN, OKSB, WPT, NWFL, DPT, MGM, LNG, GLAD, EPM (6), EVOL, FLKS, DDS, ARTW, REN (3), ETE (2), NMIH, SMCG, SHLD, PDLI, SSI, HIFR (6), JCAP, SSRG, TEGP, AYR, NCLH, CELP, PDLY, UND, SBCP, CCD (2, CAMB, PHIIK & JJSP

Form 4's (Insiders Acquired for $0): SEDG, ITEX, CTSH (15), SNV, TFSL (9), FFKT (10), TIER (6), ALLY (5), SNI, CCMP (8), HLX (3), MTSC (4), IR, KCG (2), ROK (23), CELG, INOV, HK (3), CPRX, MYGN (5), VRSN, ECL (2), CBR (2), TTC (10), OVAS (2), TRMK, USCR, LMT (2), EFII, DLB, ASCMA (5), PIP, HNT & SHAK

Form 4's (Insider Sales): CSCD, HI (2), LXP (2), TYL (4), GB, SVBI, ATO, FFNW, BRC, NSSC, NWBI, CSGS (3), DCOM, SCLN (2), RAI, GTT (2), ZLTQ (2), AWAY (4), HRB, FLIR, CTSH (18), TFSL (7), XOM (4), NOW, SCAW, NNN, ALLY (5), SNI, KAR, TGT (2), MCF, AMRK, RNETT, STBA, PGND, CCMP (10), ANDE, HAL (5), ANF (2), SRDX, UFPT, MTSC (4), BMI, BKKN, DG, WG, GPRE, JLL, FIX, HAYN (2), ROKA, VRSK, TRR (2), ATRC, SAM, LII (8), CELG, INOV, HUBS, EME, JOUT, BIIB (2), DOOR, CNTY (3), CVT, CBIS, STOR, PMCS (3), DEST, STFC, DTLK (3), DPS, MPO, ALL, HCI, FBIZ (2), CSV, APEI, COTY, NVDA, CL (10), UBSH, ECL (2), GT, WIFI, CBR (2), VSAT, ATRA, EPM, CA, VNTV, ESS, CVV, TTC (9), NSPR, MTRX (2), NKTR (3), RP (2), SSNI, EA, SPAN, CELP, RNWK, ACAT, POZN, FPP, SHLD, LMT (3), AIRM, EFII, ASGN (2), BCEI, RMD, EYES, SIX (2), CRVL, ICUI, ETE, MITK, CWT (9), ADRO (2), DLB, BOKF, BXLT, SNPS, N (6), MOH (5), SCON (2), HNT, TWTR, PATK, SHAK (3), NUVA, ALK, ABC & CLX

Form 4's (Insiders Disposed for $0): DARA (5), ONFC (2), CTSH, SNV, SMED, STI, CVCY, SNI, APGR, SBGI, NWBI, STI, SBSI (3), BURL, BLKB (2), UGI, JJSF, TRMK, USCR, STL, FMCB, CRVL, PEI, XONE & ALK

So...I, like so many of you, am always looking for the next "big" investment &/or trade & recently I've heard that Martin Shkreli is going to buy another company so I began watching his webcasts (when I am afforded time to). I was in one over the weekend (in & out but it was open...I have a toddler...I can't be completely invested in these things). This one that I watched was less informational than others I've seen. Martin is a really knowledgeable man & a decent teacher I have discovered. Either way, this one occurred after an office party he attended so his mind wasn't at the top of it's game. It began as a lesson but then became more or less entertainment for the viewers. Finally, Martin quit interacting with his audience & moved on to a computer game. In the live chat, a moderator asked how we got into trading. There were crickets. No one responded for a hot minute. I felt like an awkward tension was evident so I began. From there I was asked more questions. Upon answering the questions to the most thorough of my ability, the moderator told me to stop soliciting. I was beyond offended. A. I didn't mention any specific names, websites, etc. B. he was essentially telling me not to solicit my blog which I do completely for free & only began sharing recently because I figured why not share my work & C. the reason any of it came up was because I was asked questions & wanted to answer thoroughly. Regardless, I was irritated, annoyed, maybe even hurt by this minion's futile comment. I truly hope that nobody who does read my blog thinking that I am doing this for money. I literally have been doing the work for myself for awhile now & only recently decided to share with others for the greater good, based on a friend's request. That being said, I hope my extra work in actually journaling this online is appreciated by at least some readers. This is the most thorough list of insider transactions that you are going to find for free. I apologize for the vent but it was necessary.

Moving on...in the top section, KBIO stands out but I believe it's just the addition of a board member or something. I honestly haven't had the time to read that form yet. Another that really stood out to me was the 13D for LNG filed by Carl Icahn along with his major Form 4 he filed. Maybe it's almost time to get back into the energy sector with this one. I really respect Carl Icahn & his choices.

As for the Form 4's buys I tracked today, LNG had the largest insider purchase made with over $120 million worth of shares bought by Mr. Icahn. The second largest purchase I saw was for ETE & the third largest was for SHLD (both over $20 million bought). The only CFO's I tracked buying shares in their companies today work for: NRG, EPM, MNK, ETE & HIFR. Like I say, follow the money & usually the CFO's know the money the best.

The Form 4 insider sales that I tracked today were on a bit shorter list than usual. From what I saw, STOR lead the insider selling with over $44.5 million worth of shares sold followed by COTY with just under $28 million & SIX with just above $23 million worth of shares sold off. The only CFO's I saw selling today work for: DPS, SCLN, TYL, NUVA & N. I truly hope this information helps someone out there. I wish I had more insights for you tonight but I need to do my homework first.

GLTA

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, Tania, and I thank you for your efforts to produce it. I'll be perusing it more today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That upsets me to hear you berated like that! I recently discovered your blog through Stocktwits, and have since bookmarked it and I read it daily... I very much enjoy your insights- especially love how you summarize the lists with the trades that stand out... saves me time from sifting through the lists myself. Anyway, thank you and please know that you are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete