Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Exhausted in a Bear Market

Wow, I'm beat! I totally was exhausted all day which lead me straight into a stupid bull trap this morning. Dang it! I went off the five minute chart alone when I bought LABU. I've traded LABU/LABD before but it's been several months & I have never even viewed it's fact sheet until today, after it was too late. LABU would have been a heck of a short today but I went long & set a stop loss with intentions of going for a simple neighborhood stroll with my daughter only to return to find that my stop didn't take. In my mind, I was thinking I could average it down & sell it because the volatility scale on it is huge but as I look at the Asian markets & our futures, I'm thinking that's something I'll save for later in the game since things are looking ugly. I don't normally dive straight into one like this without more knowledge but I just kind of went for it today because I was exhausted & using poor judgement. Hopefully, I learned my lesson on this one or it makes an amazing turn around tomorrow but I'm not counting on the latter.

Now for Tuesday's insider transactions I saw. I know that there were more than these but I got as many as I could & hopefully somebody benefits off this list:

Form 3's: THC (2), ADP, SRDX, MLHR, WGO, DHG, KHI, KMM, KTF, KSM, CEE, GF, MDCRE, GRCK, EOX, LAYN, ETAK PNC (2), SYNL, HTWR, MUC, DFS, AVID, CB (3), ENLK (5), AMEH, KEG, REPR, CARB, STRS (2), SKLN, RRTS, USAK, ETRM, GST, ISR & INTN

Form 4's (Insider Buys): CBZ (2), SCIA, ESPR, LTS, OPK, XCRA, NEWT, CLDT (11), YORW (6), BMS (2), DRAM, RLI, FAV, SMRT (2), SAR, SXC, NPBC, LEG (11), OFG, OKE, EVBS, MDCRE, IVDN, HST (7), DGAS (3), SSFN (3), LAYN, CMTB, ASB (3), SCOR, PRSS, CYGI, PSX (8), MNR (2), COG (3), GB, SSRG, TTNP, HON, LWLG, HBHC, XRX (6), LNKD, CERU, SAM (4), JMP, HCI, DM, ED, GLPW, BOKF (17), JASN, CHH (2), OHI (4), MGLN, ICE, RPM, ENSG (5), BNED, ESTE, GEF, NWIN, AVY (7), GXTI , CLMS, DFRG, RBPAA (2), PCAR (8), HAE (4), REPR, SHLD, GST, CNBKA, OLLI, RSG, CVGI, KBR (2), DNAI, BXMT (6), TNGO, MHLR (6), FMO, EML, GFN, SMLP, STRP, PGEI, IDI, CNX, OCRX (3), EGIF, CCD, CSWC, AYR, FMO & USEL

Form 4's (Insider Acquirements for $0): SON, TOL (8), MOFG, WR, UNF (2), FCS (2), BJRI (17), JOY (16), AIQ, KYHI, WFBI, FDEF, RNST (8), YCB (7), GBCS, TAST (5), INVA (5), GB (6), STJ, CBU (3), LEG (5), AIT, PAGP (2), AJRD, CB (4), PENN, DFS, KEG, XNPT (4), LTS (5), CARB, TSC, VISI, ZEN (8), CPHD, USAK (2), BSFT (5), NWN, AMID (3), ONP, FLEX (2), GRPN, CIE, CELP, MB, IONS (8), O (7), CHK, BLD & VIAV (3)

Form 4's (Insider Sales):  SON, LFUS, FDEF, ARQL (2), WR, EPAY (2), PLAY (3), SGC, AVAV, FCS, EEA, ABM (2), UTHR, SIG, ADX (3), LKQ (8), OLLI (2), CCL (3), CUK (7), PEO, CHH, SGY (9), MRTX, HCN, YCB (6), HCN (3), OSTK (6), EOG, TAST, GB (7), HON, MA, SMTC (2), TEX, HTGC, DIN, STJ, FES, ATU, CBU (4), LEG (5), VR, VNTV, HCI (2), LOJN, AIT (2), TINY (6), RMD, VEEV, AWH, CBU, GWRE, CVLT (4), CCF, MPO, EGOV (3), HOV (3), OHI (4), MG, TMO, MAA, PENN, TAX, GME, ENSG, YRCW, AVY (6), LXP, PMC, CL, MU, PDCE (7), MAS (7), PYDS, OAS (4), GOOG, XNPT (4), NBTB (6), KFRC, MKTO (2), ENSG, ZEN (8), CPHD, SYMC, PCRX, IRM, SPWH, KODK, ADES, INGN, GRPN, PKY (2), DNAI, MHLD, UHLN, CANV, MYCC, MB, CIEN, IONS (8), KITE (3), TWTR, CRM (3), SYK, ANAC, BLD (7), VIAV (3), CAMB, SEDG, AMRK, BDIC, PNK, BGR, ALK & DTSI

Form 4's (Insider Disposals for $0): TSS, PRIM, MOFG, TOL (3), NVSL, HOFT, WFBI, PIR, DST, REG, USM (2), ROP, VISI, TSC, NWN, CLRO & PMCS (6)

13D's: EZCH, CRAI, EPZM, ENLK, BLCM, THC (2), MLVF, AVID, ALTV, RSE, FTK, WYNN, PWX, UPLD, WTT, UTSI, INTX, SDRG, MLVF, AVID, TGLN, ALTV, ETAK, BDBD, ATVI, FAV & MED

13G's: LRCX, MC, IPDN, LPT, NX, MCRI, MTRX, EVOK, MNI, III, UNB, CTLT, AERI, XCLL, REPR, NTGR, OCLR, CSIQ, OIIM, REGI, ABDC, KEM, KVHI, OESX, KTCC, KTOS, LMIA, TAX, LAYN, LDR, LYTS, LNN, MKSI, MVC, MYRG, EEI, JKHY, TALN, KLAC, KSS, LHO, EVI, LON, ACU, THST, LXFT, BDBD, MBUU, LRY, XGTI, CGIX, NSSC, CLCD, WGBS, AERI, STCK, MDLY, CMRX, NPK, NP, POZN, NANO, DSW, SUNE, NNBR, MUEL, MOV, MTX, ETH, MLR, CTRL, MDP & MRCY

I hate to sound like a broken record but pay close attention to insiders as we are amidst the fourth quarter reports for many companies. I didn't note for you whether the Form 13's were raised, lowered, new nor terminated but if it's a ticker you're interested in, I advise you pull the forms up to research. Also, pay attention the the repeaters that are seen day after day or the one's that cross multiple lists. This usually is a great signal that something is changing with the company that you are following.

That being said, here are the only notes I have to share beginning with the insider buys. Mr. Warren Buffett was our largest insider buyer scooping up almost $56 million worth of shares of Phillips 66 (PSX). He was joined by the board of director of PSX bringing the level invested into the company to a soaring mark. This was by far & away the largest purchase today. The most consistent purchase today went to AYR because that one has been daily for a long time now but HCI is beginning to follow suit. The difference today with HCI is that it did see some selling today but that was likely only a pre-planned transaction for the investor who's been buying this daily for quite sometime. As for the CFO's that I saw buying today, they work for the following companies: OCRX, PCAR, RSG, MDCRE, YORW, HAE, OHI, OLLI, SSFN, MNR, ASB & LAYN.  A couple of interesting buys I caught today from the Form 13's came through via Steve Cohen taking new stake in POZN & DSW. Welcome back, Steve! Julian bought some BLCM too, if anyone was wondering.

I didn't take too many notes on the selling side because nothing too out of the ordinary caught my eye. All that I have is that Mastercard (MA) was the largest sale dropping over $14 million worth of its own shares. I also noted that Chase (CCF) made the sale list following the credit card theme. Then I have the CFO's that work for the following companies disposing their shares: ABM, ARQL, BDIC, OLLI, SGY, HCN, CUK, CCL, BLD, IONS, PKY, GRPN, SWPH, ZEN, PENN, NBTB, XNPT, OAS, MAS, PDCE, HOV, CVLT, CBU, HCI, TINY, LEG, ATU & GB

Anyhow, tomorrow looks like another bad day for the street & I'm happily still in possession of some of my precious, super cheap TVIX. I hope everyone is able to find some sort of profit out there.

GLTA


1 comment:

  1. Tonia, Another great job here! Thank you so much for posting this info. I rarely take the time to scour them (it is all i used to do) and possibly another something missing from my trades. I really cannot thank you enough for taking the time and posting the info for all to see. Not an easy task after a long day. Glad you got to spend some quality time with you daughter.
    I saw twtr and crm and had to jump in to see who was doing what. Twtr was fascinating as usual to me. You have got to love that man (spending all his wife's $$'s). Very good stuff about Steven Cohen. I'm still waiting for him to be locked up. Closer is the day, but still not arrived.

    Thanks again Tonia for all your efforts,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete