Monday, April 18, 2016

Stick to the Plan



So...I didn't stick to my plan that I formulated about a month ago. My plan was to "load the boat" with UVXY or TVIX when I saw the ETF SPY surpass $209/share. I jumped the gun because of the second earthquake in Japan & the potential negativity from the Doha meeting over the weekend & bought UVXY in after hours last Friday despite the plan. That was not the best idea that I've ever had. I was also happy to leave it "as is" today & take my daughter skiing because my beloved Amedica (AMDA) was doing so great. Not the best idea either & I didn't really like how AMDA ended the day. Either way, a valuable lesson that I learn over & over again is that I need to stick to my plan. Being trigger happy isn't helping my overall gain, most of the time. Regardless, this is just a friendly reminder to anyone who might be reading this....do your homework, formulate a plan & stick to the plan. That is all I have to say about that, it's ticker time.

13D's:  DLBDF, EJ, PTX, SCON, CHRS, VKTX, SNTA, CRDS, SUNE & EVAR

13G's: HCFB, EGRX, SQ, AGLE & FNTC

Form 3's: NEWT, EVTC, BRPC, ALOT, NCI, XRAY, WCG (2), PBYI, SEAS, VNCE, IMSC, RLH, PEP (2), TWTR (2), CPSS & STOR

Form 4's (Insider Buys): OPK, FAV (2), SVBI (2), CHH (9), HOV, BMS, RHP, CET, UMH, YORW (7), BVSN, MNR (2), RLI, KFS (3), MYNG, DXR, PTEO, INO, DGAS (3), NWL (12), FSBK, CBZ (2), UBA, AKAM, HST (7), CPHC, LEG (17), PBIB (3), VWR, MBRG, HBHC, AAP, UTG, MON, SANW, CNBKA, LAD, SEP, ATNM (2), PANL, GES (2), ED, FC, SMLP, PICO, BXMT (4), BOKF (18) & MBVT (6)

Form 4's (Insider Acquirements for $0): TWMC, SGNT, MTSC, CCL (7), CUK (7), SXI, WOOF (4), IBKC, VEEV (2), HOLX, FCS, SEAS, TWX, HHS (9), PNR, INTX, NCI, PFPT, BOX, FNGN, FLEX (2) & STOR

Form 4's (Insider Sales): GIII, AFSI, Y, IDA, CIEN, K, TWMC, PLKI, ESND, TREX (2), PLAY (3), OZRK, FDEF, SIVB, AVAV, PBPB, MTSC, CYNO (3), ICFI, APOG (2), UBA, PGND, PQ, FONR, CPHC, SXI, PRLB, NVTA, MON, GWW, MLHR, IBKC, HA, CMC, VEEV (2), HTGC (2), UTHR, FTEK, HOLX, DPLO, AMPH, MKL, OLED, FUL, CVGW (2), TJX (5), SSH (2), NHI (2), SAVE, FCS, EIG, PERY (4), SCL, VRSN, DD, JAZZ, LAD (2), ZBH, OMAM (5), BSFT (3), TWX, HHS, MIE, LRY, JMDA, ASH, ADMP, FPRX, CVCO, TWOU, GWRE (3), JPM (3), SJM, IPCC (2), IPHI (4), MOV, WBA, CPLA, NBIX, FRED, FB, ANIP, AAL (7), FSLR, PFPT (2), NCI, ADLR, OFIX, RKUS, CRM (2), ABCO, FNGN, N, FLEX, RICE, ABCB & KERX 

Form 4's (Insider Disposals for $0): RJF, CDOR (3), HEI, BONT & SUI

I normally just share my notations on the Form 4 category but since I have been following SunEdison (SUNE) for a few months now, I found it interesting that David Einhorn reduced his position in the company even more during after hours today via 13D. This company is extremely beat down & it's only hope is a buyout, in my opinion. 

When looking through the Form 4 "buy list", I always look at the companies that have the most insiders buying & try to figure out why since the insiders do have the inside information. The most insider Form 4's buying today were for Leggett & Platt, Inc. (LEG). This is a company that I have seen cross the wires a lot asides the seventeen insider forms from today. As I review the chart, I see nothing special. The only thing I can really find for the excessive buys (which occurred on the 15th but didn't cross until today) was that there was a dividend paid out on the 15th. This will not be a company that I begin to follow on excessive insider buying. Others with a high level of insiders buying include a couple of hotel stocks which are HST & CHH. By reviewing their charts, I don't see a breakout in the near future but who knows. They may have something up their sleeves. When I pulled up York Water Co (YORW), I saw that they're amidst a serious rally. I have yet to read their news or do any further due diligence there but it was noteworthy. I also thought that Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) had a noteworthy chart which indicated to me a potential leg upwards. Again, I've not read their news nor done my due diligence there but for now, they've caught my attention & I will be researching them further.

Typically, I list the high flyers with the most lucrative buyers but nothing was too out of the box. Actually, I only saw one company with a buy surpassing a million. This company was Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP) with a buy of $1,094,647 worth of shares purchased. I also like to "follow the money" & see what the CFO's are buying. The Form 4's filed by & for CFO's that crossed the wires today were for the following companies: MNR, KFS, YORW, ATNM & LEG.

On the sale side of the Form 4 world, Kellogg's (K) was the largest sale du jour with $11,552,220 worth of shares sold. That is a noteworthy number for me even though only one insider sold today because K has been rallying upwards for awhile now & may be worth watching for the short. The second largest sale I saw today was for Hawaiian Air (HA) with $4,205,334 worth of shares sold. HA stands out because Spirit Airlines (SAVE) hit the list today, as did American Airlines (AAL) & Delta Air (DAL) made Friday's list. DAL has already hit its downtrend. AAL, SAVE & HA may be ready to begin theirs. Virgin Air (VA) hoisted them all up for a bit with their Alaskan Air (ALK) purchase. The only airline that is still on my list is JetBlue (JBLU) which looks ready to fly, in my opinion. All the airlines may be dragged down together, though. Again, please do your own due diligence before buying or selling any stock. I'm just a bit chattier today than most days because I actually do have some free time right now. 

The CFO's that I caught selling shares of their companies work for: IPHI, IPCC, WBA, ZBH, HHS, BFST, OMAM, PERY, SAVE, SSH, TJX, AAL & CYNO. It doesn't hurt to follow the money. Especially, when these forms are filed just before or right after the company reports earnings. 

Anyhow, I'm going stop an hour early (actually, these forms come through until about 11 p.m. EST) because I need to spend some valuable time with my family. There's a chance that I'll update later with the rest of the forms but no promises. The crazy part is, it's always the biggest & juiciest forms that cross later in the evening. Either way, I hope that what I'm putting up here helps somebody out there & I wish you all a great rest of your evening. Hopefully, you are able to find some green in your portfolios tomorrow & more importantly, I hope you do your homework & stick to your plans.


GLTA

No comments:

Post a Comment